Lately I have been updating my look with a red lip. I have always loved to look of a red lip but didn’t think it was something I could pull off. Turns out I was wrong.
If you are on the fence about the red lip, then let me tell you some reasons why you should try it out.
- It’s a power color. Red is a color that has always been linked to power. So what better color for us ladies.
- It looks good on everyone. Seriously, it’s idiot proof.
- It adds a pop of color. I’m pretty minimal when it comes to my makeup, so adding a bold red lip adds something to my look.
Now that you are ready to try out the look, you will need to know how to apply the look. Trust me, you can’t just throw red lipstick on, it just doesn’t work. I will admit, when I first tried the look out I had to look to Pinterest for help. So this is the knowledge that I gained for a perfect red pout.
WHAT YOU WILL NEED
- Red lipstick (My go to is CHANEL ‘Rouge Coco’ in Gabrielle)
- Red lip liner (I use CHANEL)
- Thin brush for lips (CHANEL lip liner comes with one, but I have a brush by CHANEL)
- Concealer (I use YSL ‘Touche Eclat’)
- Cotton swab
STEP BY STEP
- Start with a bare, clean lip
- Trace the line of your lip with the lip liner
- Blend the lip liner into your lips (towards the inside of your mouth) with your lip brush
- Fill in lips with lipstick
- Blend lipstick with lip liner using your lip brush
- Add more lipstick if you want saturated color. Blot with napkin if you want it to look more like a stain.
- Use a cotton swab to correct any mistakes & to create a sharp line.
- Finish by tracing the outline of your lips with concealer & blending into skin.
- Take on the day